Data Protection Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice contains important information to help you to understand how we collect, use and share personal data about you. The notice is intended to help you understand:
- Who we are
- How we collect and use your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- Your rights
- Other important privacy information
Who we are
ARMD Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 1239110) with its address at 110 Newbury Gardens, Epsom, Surrey KT19 0PD. For the purposes of Insurance sales, ARMD Limited is an Appointed Representative of Advent Solutions Management trading as OneAdvent (FRN 308751) a company that is registered in England and Wales (company number 04092670) and which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and which is located at the Leadenhall Building, 122 Leadenhall Street, London EC3V.
How we collect and use your personal data
We receive your personal data from a number of sources including directly from you via the ARMD app; messages, emails, social media and letters that you send to us; through telephone calls with you; and indirectly through your insurers and our agents and distributors. You are not obligated to provide us with your personal data but without it we will be unable to provide you with our services.
We collect personal data as part of providing products and services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails, or other communications in accordance with UK law.
We collect and use personal data about you to provide a quality customer experience and to carry out contractual obligations for the purposes of fulfilling your order(s). It is in our legitimate interest as we have contracted with you to supply you with tools and alarms, and/or to arrange your insurance policy. It may also be necessary to collect and use your personal data to safeguard against fraud and money laundering, and to meet our general legal and regulatory obligations.
If you have given your consent, we use your email address to send you marketing emails. You may withdraw your consent to marketing at any time.
The personal data we collect and use is:
- Your first name(s) and surname to identify you as the policyholder and primary point of contact in relation to any quotes generated and policies purchased
- Your address, postcode, email address and phone number to contact you about your insurance policy or send documentation relating to your policy
- Your date of birth to verify that you are eligible for cover under the policy, and / or to confirm your identity when you contact us by telephone
- Data about your contact with us, for example in phone calls, emails and letters
Tool and Alarm Customers
- When you provide us with your email address and opt-in to receive marketing information we will also give you the opportunity to provide us with your: name, age, gender, preferred brands, address, post code to email you on a regular basis with our latest deals, offers, events and voucher codes.
- When you order with ARMD we will collect your name, invoice address, delivery address, contact phone number, email address and your Paypal email address to process your order and to keep you up-to-date with your delivery and order. We shall store your Paypal email address for fraud prevention purposes. We may contact you occasionally in relation to offering you further services we think may benefit you. We may contact you to check your data is accurate and up-to-date.
How we share your personal data
It is sometimes necessary to share your personal information with relevant third parties. We may share your information with
- Your insurer, Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd (RSA),(Number 93792), and their group companies for the purposes of underwriting your risk and administering any claims you have made under your policy. For more information as to how RSA processes your data please see https://www.rsagroup.com/support/legal-information/privacy-policy/ and
- The Financial Conduct Authority who are our regulator
Your personal data is not transferred outside of the EEA.
We will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected
- The longer of seven years from the date the last claim on your policy was settled, or seven years after the expiry date of your policy
This enables us to help you should there be any issues relating to your policy after its expiry and otherwise meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Tool and Alarm Customers
We may share information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your order, warranties, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and providing customer service. Examples of third parties we may share your data with include:
- Suppliers & manufacturers
- Payment service providers
- Marketing platform providers
- Data analysis platform providers
- External auditors
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Regulators and other authorities
The data that is collected form the alarm will be used anonymously to assist with R&D into new products with the exception of "location" which we may share with the insurance compnay if required to do so to help them settle any claim that you may have.
You have the right to
- Know what specific personal data we hold on your in our records, and request a copy of that personal data
- Have your personal data corrected or removed if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Have your personal data deleted from our systems
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data, for example for communication, or direct marketing
- Have your personal data transferred to another company
- Withdraw consent to having your personal information used for marketing purposes
Your personal data is not used for any automated decision making or profiling.
If you choose to restrict the processing of your personal data, we may not be able to continue to provide you with our services.
We will comply with any restriction on the processing of your personal data unless fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted or required by law to keep.
The ARMD website and mobile application, in its entirety, is the property of ARMD. It is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom. All company names, logos and trademarks included in this website are either the property of, or under license to, ARMD. This website must not be used for any reason other than the purposes of obtaining information about the products and services offered.
The ARMD mobile app and website collects information about how you use it. This is done in order to drive further developments of the app, to improve your user experience when you use the app in the future, and to focus our marketing efforts.
We collect the number of views of each page or screen in the app that you visit in order to buy a product to enable us to determine where you got to in the sales process. This data is collected and passed to Google Analytics who do not receive personally identifiable information about you or your mobile devices.
If you have responded to an ARMD advert on Facebook we collect information about whether or not you downloaded the ARMD app, registered a user account and made a purchase. This data is passed to Facebook Pixel analytics.
Care is taken to alter the information used to identify your mobile device so that neither Google Analytics or us can attribute your use of the app directly to you and we receive usage reports based on aggregated data.
By installing this app and continuing to use it, you give your consent to the app collecting this information and passing it to Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
Most browsers will usually allow you to change the settings of your browser so that it does not accept cookies but if you do this please be aware that this website will not function correctly.
We use session cookies on this website for the duration of your visit. So that this website will function correctly, this cookie will store personal data about the browser you are using and the information you have entered.
If we did not use a session cookie, this website would not function correctly. When you leave our website, the session cookie is deleted.
Performance (Tracking) cookies
We use Google Analytics to count page visits, identify traffic sources and to collect information about how visitors have found and use our website. These cookies are set automatically on each page and do not collect or store any personal data.
More about cookies
If you would like to learn more about cookies – www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
How to turn off cookies within your browser
For the procedures to turn off cookies within your browser
Please note that if you do turn off cookies within your browser, this website may not operate correctly.
Links to Other Sites
On this website you may be offered links to other sites which we hope will be of interest. However, please be aware that we have no control where such sites are operated by a third party and we do not endorse them. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or content of, or products and services available on those websites.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
When you request a quotation or apply to purchase an insurance policy online, we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) that encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. This ensures that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorised interception.
We also follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which has been given to us, to provide an adequate level of security for that information.
It is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We record telephone calls for monitoring, quality and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content of this web site may not be retrieved, displayed, modified, copied, printed, sold, downloaded, hired, reverse engineered or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of ARMD Limited.
You may retrieve, display, copy, print or download the content on this site for legitimate personal use only and not for commercial exploitation.
You may not link to this web site or include this web site in part or in whole within another external web site without first obtaining written permission from ARMD Limited. We reserve the right to remove links to this site without notice at our discretion.
Instability of the Internet
The Internet is an inherently unstable medium. Errors, omissions, interruptions and delays of service may occur at any time. As a result we accept no responsibility in respect of such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays.
We do not guarantee that this site will operate either fully or in part on any specific computer equipment or in any specific software. There are no elements within this site that alter any of the configuration or other settings on any machinery used to view the site.
We accept no liability whatsoever (whether in contract, negligence or any other cause of action) for any damage, either temporary or permanent, occurring to either electronic equipment or software that might occur whilst using this site.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
Other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our web site will have separate personal data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or to update or correct any of said information, please email us at personal [email protected].
If you would like to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data, please contact us at the address and email above and we will do our best to deal with the issues that you have raised as quickly and fairly as possible. If you are still unhappy you can complain to the Information Commissioners office through https://ico.org.uk/concerns