Covering your tools with tool insurance may not be something you have thought about, but it should be! If you are the victim of tool theft, you are not just left with the stress of replacing each tool but you will also be unable to work until they have been replaced. Quality tools are expensive and having tool cover insurance is a sensible way to protect yourself against loss. Find out more about tool insurance and arrange your cover today!
What is Tool Insurance?
Tool insurance is designed to cover replacement costs when your tools are lost, damaged or stolen. Tool insurance is typically arranged for anyone that uses tools within their daily work and covers all types of tools including:
- Power Tools
- Handheld Tools
- Large Plant Equipment
Why Should I Get Tool Cover Insurance?
Getting tool cover insurance is important as it not only covers the cost of your losses but it enables you to get replacement tools quickly, without damaging your business income or stopping you from being able to work. Most tool insurance policies also cover tools that have been hired or borrowed, giving you greater peace of mind when you need to use a tool that doesn’t belong to you.
What is Covered in Tool Insurance?
Deciding to take out tool insurance is a great idea, especially when you are dependent on your tools to do your job. However, it's important to know what you are covered for once your insurance is in place so that you know whether you can claim or not in the event of a loss. Some of the common types of insurance cover include:
- Tools in Transit Insurance - this covers your tools when they are being driven or are stored in your vehicle, being loaded on your vehicle or being unloaded. This helps you to get them replaced should they ever be lost, stolen or damaged when you are on a job.
- Tradesmen Tool Insurance - if you rely on your tools for your work then taking out a tradesmen-specific insurance will help you to get them replaced quickly with like for like tools, reducing the amount of time you have to wait before you can get back to work.
The actual level of cover will depend on the policy you take out but some of the standard points include:
- Cover overnight when not in use
- Cover in the EU if you work abroad
- Cover for home and work-based tools
- Cover for replacement of tools and equipment up to a specific value
Get a Tool Insurance Quote Today!
If you don’t have tool insurance but need to arrange it then starting with a quote is a great way to find out what you can get covered and how much you are covered for. At ARMD, we have a range of tool insurance solutions that are designed to support all tool owners in the UK. Head over to our website and fill in a short form to start your quote today!